Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome!

Hello, all, and welcome to Grey Harbor.

I'm not sure what's lead you here, but, dear reader, expect to read musings on fiction, politics, current events, history, and perhaps a dash of philosophy.

I'd like to provide a frame of reference on yours truly.

My name is Tyler Bannister.  I am a 24-year-old employee of the Federal Government.  I went to a small college in upstate New York, where I studied history.  In addition to my day job, I am an aspiring author.

Politically, I identify as a libertarian, which, yes, occasionally conflicts with my day job.  I am not a libertarian to be fashionable, nor did I pick it up as a random unconventional philosophy to shock my parents and annoy my friends and co-workers.  I believe heavily in the ideas of invididual empowerment and freedom-- no other philosophy conveys my beliefs quite as well.  I am not 100% lockstep with the libertarian movement-- I am cautious about threats both internal and external, whether they masquerade behind Islam, communism, populism, Christianity, etc., etc.

Personally, I enjoy fiction of all stripes.  Movies, video games, comic books, literature, theater...  I don't believe in limiting myself.  A good story is a good story-- the medium is just how its told.  I enjoy reading history.  I try to keep up with the news, though it frequently just makes me angry.

I wish you all the best, and hope you enjoy what you read here.

--Ty

1 comment: